Vermont state housing Authority
Department of Public Services


If you are a tenant in need of utility assistance, please be sure to check YES in the box that asks “Do you currently pay for utilities in addition to your rent?” in the ‘Rent Benefits’ section of the Tenant Application.  

For more information on the Utilities Program Click Here.

In support of the continued Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Program, we would like to bring to your attention instructions on accessing the Owner Portal, completing questions, and requesting payments for your customers who have applied for Utility Assistance.

Please login to the Owner Portal located at HTTPS://

Please register:

  • By using the exact name as it appears on your W-9
  • Entering 9999 as your Tax ID

Once logged in, go to the Unit Certifications item in the left hand navigation menu. There you will see a list of customers who have applied for the Utility Assistance program. Complete the questions for each and then enter a payment request for the total amount due in arrears since April 1, 2020. You can also request payment for a current bill which has been invoiced but is not yet overdue. Upload a copy of the invoice that documents the amount in arrears and current bill due, if applicable. Finally, complete the Certification Page and esign.

The VERAP Caseworker will review your requests and schedule payments. If you have not yet provided a W9 and Direct Deposit information at, you can also upload these forms in the portal.

Please contact the Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Call Center at 833-488-3727 (833-4VT-ERAP) with any questions. The center is open from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday, and 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturday.

Translate »